- Orientation Video with Continuing Education Credit
- Levels of Participation
- Types of Training
- Protecting Human Research Participants
- Regional Training Requirements
Viewing the Orientation Video fulfills the network orientation training requirement and can earn participants 0.5 continuing education credits. Participants will receive a certificate of completion by email. Continuing education credits awarded may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirement of his/her state license board(s).
In order to receive continuing education credit, you must have a completed National Dental PBRN Enrollment Questionnaire on file.
Once you are enrolled, please do the following.
- View the National Dental PBRN Orientation Video.
- Sign-in, complete a 10 question quiz, and earn a Certificate of Completion issuing 0.5 continuing education credits.
You may contribute to research projects that benefit your practice depending on your interest with participation at one of three levels.
- Informational: receive newsletters and correspondence only.
- Limited: receive newsletters and correspondence and participate in questionnaires.
- Full: receive newsletters and correspondence, participate in questionnaires, and participate in in-office clinical studies.
The training needed for any particular study protocol varies widely. Some studies, such as online questionnaires, do not require any training. Some studies require only that you read materials in advance and participate in a telephone conference call. Depending on the requirements in your region, you may be asked to complete Protecting Human Research Participants training. Most clinical studies, in which you collect data about patients, will require that you complete Protecting Human Research Participants training and have a protocol training session at your office with you and your staff.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) offers an online training course in Protecting Human Research Participants for conducting research with patients in your practice. You can take the course online or we can mail you a printed version of the full course. After reading the printed materials, log in to the NIH web site to answer test questions and get your course certificate.
Some regions require the CITI training. Please check with your Regional Coordinator to find out about specific training requirements.
- Western Region: Please visit the regional website to complete your training. Contact the Western Region Regional Coordinator for more information.
- Midwest Region: Contact the Midwest Region Regional Coordinator for more information.
- Southwest Region: Contact the Southwest Region Regional Coordinator for more information.
- South Central Region: Contact the South Central Region Regional Coordinator for more information.
- South Atlantic Region: Contact the South Atlantic Region
- Northeast Region: Please read these instructions to complete your training. Contact the Northeast Region Regional Coordinator for more information.